Renowned as the largest Barge to operate on the Murray River system, the Argo was used mainly to pump water into or out of the main River, and was employed in the construction of the locks, weirs and ..
The largest range of antiques and collectables in the Riverland. China, glassware, furniture, huge range of 2nd hand books, enamel signs, garagenalia and tools. There is truly something for everyone! ..
The Chaffey Theatre is named after brothers William and George Chaffey who established Australia's first irrigation settlement in 1887. The Riverland Mallee's Premier Arts and Entertainment Venue. An ..
Artist in residence is Yvonne Lempens. Come and browse amongst Yvonne"s paintings, admire the majestic views of the Pike and Murray Rivers from an elevated, natural bushland setting. The modest Coonga..
View with a mirror Australia's only Bushranger Ceiling Mural with audio commentary. An amazing 800 square feet of colonial history with memorabilia from the past. Also on offer, a unique series of avi..
Stephen Everingham, resident artist and proprietor of Goanna Hill Gallery. 'Painter of the people'. All the work at the gallery is generated by Steve and the gallery includes his working studio. Heath..
The 18m wooden hull ferry operates (at no charge to passengers) 24 hours a day and is one of eleven cable ferries left operating in South Australia. It has a 50 tonne capacity, which equates to approx..
A must stop while you are in Renmark. The warm inviting country atmosphere welcomes you in to enjoy our fantastic selection of quality dried fruit and nuts and so much more. Appealing to the young and..
The home of the Chaffey Bros, founders of Australia's first irrigation settlement in Renmark in 1887. The Chaffey Brothers were Canadian by birth and had previously founded successful irrigation settl..
Originally designed specifically to remove snags from the River, the PS Industry was commissioned as a work boat for the SA Engineering and Water Supply Department in January 1911 and assisted in the ..
The Paringa Suspension Bridge is one of only four still spanning the Murray River. Officially opened on 31st January 1927, the lift span still opens to allow river cruisers and houseboats to ply the w..
The Renmark Gliding Club was established in 1952. The Club currently operates a two seat training glider, two single seat gliders and a fully certified two seat Jabiru Ultralight Aircraft. Trading as ..
The largest of 11 known black stumps in Australia. This impressive black stump is a 600 year old river red gum root system. It is 8m in diameter and weighs approximately 8 tonne. First sighted near Ch..